Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pearl's empty nest

Well, my friends, all my pups are now with their new families. My boy Atticus went to his new home last week, and Adian left us yesterday. My humans and I already miss them so much!

(At right, Adian and I enjoy a sprawl in the grass and a bit of a chew during our final quality time together).


When Adian's new family came to pick her up, they were able to visit with us for a while. They were very nice and I know that Adian will be happy living with them. I was particularly pleased because they also raised my daughter Dorit, and thus Adian will get to spend time with her half-sister before Dorit goes off to Canine Companions 'doggie college' next week.

In her last week with us, I tried to prepare Adian for the new adventures that await her. Of course, we also goofed off and had some wild times (there was, um, what my humans are calling the 'feather incident'), but she's a very smart girl and already knows how to 'sit' like a professional. I'd say she's chip off the old block!

The past week was not all fun though. I had an itchy spot which became a nasty hurty spot, so my humans made me wear a funny thing around my neck. They also gave me something to make me feel a bit better, but really, the collar is terribly humilitating.




Adian wondered at first what the silly thing was on my head. She even started to tease me a bit.




Little did she know that no
silly collar can stop . . .THE TICKLE MONSTER (ha, ha, ha!).




Sigh, how I will miss playing with my pups! They really do keep one feeling young.

No comments: