Friday, June 6, 2008

Me and my girl


Greetings friends!

As you can see from the photo, I like to give my pups individual attention when I can.  Here I am spending quality time with one of my girls.  

She's quite a beauty, don't you think?  Her fur, like her siblings, is a lovely caramel color.  It's a different color from my own, but in fact, my many pups have always had a gorgeous range of fur color, from black to reddish golden to pale blond.  I've been told that many of my kids still resemble me though, because they have my eyes.  It's a bit too soon to tell with these new pups because their eyes haven't opened yet! 

At this point, the pups can't actually see, hear or walk, although they do scoot around and make a squeaking noise when they want to find me.  They never go far, since they stay in the 'puppy pool', but in the middle of the night they frequently get disoriented and wake my humans up with their cries.  The pups quiet down as soon as they are returned to me, but my humans and I are a bit sleep-deprived as a result.

In a couple more weeks, they'll start to walk.  I promise to have my humans record their first real steps on video!  For now, they'll just have to be content hanging out with their mom! 

That's all for now! Pearl.

No comments: