Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Walking and talking

The pups have been getting on just wonderfully since my last post.  At almost 2 weeks, they're already quite big! My humans weigh them every day and my largest, 'big red', is 3  1/4 lbs. How fast they grow! This means that, starting tomorrow, I'll be getting a little extra in my breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner bowls just so that I can make enough milk for the hungry pups.  

All of their eyes are open a little bit, but 'green girl' was the first to get a real look at the world today. My humans gave her a quick, chauffeured tour of the back yard where she got her first glimpse of birds and flowers.

The pups still spend most of the day nursing or sleeping, but some have started to play - a little wrestling and 'bitey-face', and all are practicing their strolling.  'Purple girl' ('little plum') nearly has her walk mastered!  Below, you can see a video of her 'singing' while she walks.
                               Love, Pearl

No comments: