Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The GREAT Outdoors

Greetings friends! Pearl here again.

Recently, my pups and I have gotten to spend our morning playtimes in the backyard. Although the pups aren't playing on the grass yet, they really enjoy the sunshine, the fresh air and the smell of flowers and trees.

They love it when I spend this time playing with them.
They crawl all over me and play with my fur. Yesterday, one of the little rascals even tugged on my tail! Although they can be a bit rambunctious, this is my favorite part of being of being a mom. It makes me feel like a puppy myself again.
















I also get to spend some quality 'snout-to-snout time' with each pup. As you can see from the photos (taken by my humans), both Atticus and Adian got to share stories of their adventures with me. They both told me all about the fun they are having on the slide (and each proudly insists that he or she is the best climber and slider).












When they are not playing or chatting with me, my puppies like to just hang out in the fresh air.















Above, Alaric shows his 'happy-to-be-outside' face. At right, Amita takes a stroll around the puppy-pen and admires the potted plants.







And, as always, they are quite happy to spend the time wrestling with each other.












At left, Atticus wins a round of his wrestling match while, at right, Avila tries out a new wrestling move (the flop).


However, all that playing tends to make the pups warm and tired, so they usually end the morning by cooling themselves off with an iced water dish or a frozen bottle and then settling down for a nap. I must admit, I have a bit of a snooze myself!




Until next time . . .Pearl

No comments: