Saturday, July 19, 2008

The pups meet their namesakes

Greetings everyone. Pearl here. Last week, my pups and I were busy playing and relaxing, and enjoying visits from some of my friends from school.

In case you didn't know, I often work in my caretaker Diane's third grade classroom where it is my job to greet all the students and bring them lots of joy (and, of course, be petted and admired). Although my duties as a mom have meant that I often need to take time off from school, I have always been able to share stories and pictures of my puppies with the students.

In the past, my school friends have been able to follow my puppies' progress (some classes even charted their growth). For this last litter, I was thrilled that I could name several of my pups after friends from school who had lovely names beginning with an 'A'.

[At right, Alaric the puppy relaxes with his new friend (and namesake) Alaric.]

Although the students are now on summer break, some of my young friends were able to come by to see my pups last week. I was particularly pleased that my pups Alaric, Amita and Avila could each meet their namesakes. [I am hoping that Adian's namesake will also be able to come for a visit!]
[Above, Amita (the puppy) shares a smile with her namesake Amita.]



[At right, Avila gets the pleasure of meeting her namesake Carlos Avila (and the rest of the Avila family).]



No comments: